Implant dentistry is the most advanced and effective therapy available to replace missing teeth. Dental implants ensure a beautiful and healthy smile at any age. Why is it important to restore missing teeth? We should remember that the loss of even a single tooth has an impact on the occlusion. Even the slightest defect causes the movement and inclination of other teeth and their possible loss. Dental implants restorations look like, feel and act like natural teeth, ensuring our health, comfort and self-confidence.
Our clinic has been cooperating with the global pioneer and leading producer of dental implants – Biomet 3i. Thanks to the innovative methods and new technology, implants Biomet 3i can help the patients who previously did not qualify for such treatment.
What are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is placed into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge. Dental implants are made of a titanium, which has lots of medical uses as it is biocompatible (it is non-toxic and is not rejected by the body).
The advantages of dental implants:
- Dental implants protect your healthy teeth. Placing a tooth-supported bridge always demands grinding away the teeth on one or both sides of the missing tooth or teeth – thereby damaging healthy teeth. Dental implants are placed in the jawbone without impacting healthy teeth.
- Prevent healthy, adjacent teeth from shifting as they would if an empty space were left for an extended period of time.
- Implants look and act like your natural teeth, giving you comfort and self-confidence.
- You can eat your favorite food without hesitation.
- It is a long-term solution. Unlike traditional, tooth-supported dental bridges, which last only from five to seven years, dental implants can last a lifetime.
- You can speak easily. There is a significant improvement in pronunciation in comparison with a traditional dental prosthesis.